About The Role
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Gaming Engineer to join our team in building the future of blockchain gaming. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented group of engineers, game developers, and external partners to create innovative and cutting-edge blockchain-based games.
As a Gaming Engineer at Aptos Labs, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities that make Web3 gaming feasible. This potentially includes designing and developing decentralized, peer-to-peer matchmaking systems on top of Aptos as well as designing, expanding, and improving our SDKs for the Aptos blockchain, working with external game development studios to integrate the technology into their games, and providing technical guidance and support. Most importantly, you will be at the critical section in the exploration of Web3 gaming working both in-house and with game studios to produce examples, demos, and other materials to showcase the capabilities of the Aptos blockchain.
You will also be responsible for ensuring high performance, stability, and scalability of the game systems, as well as researching and evaluating new technologies, trends, and best practices in the blockchain gaming space.
We are looking for a self-starter and someone with a strong drive who can thrive in a start-up environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Exploring the challenges in Web3 gaming and then designing and building solutions
- Designing, expanding, and improving SDKs for the Aptos blockchain, working with external game development studios to integrate the technology into their games, and providing technical guidance and support
- Working with internal and external teams to produce examples, demos, and other materials to showcase the capabilities of the Aptos blockchain
- Collaborating with A, AA, and AAA gaming teams to create innovative and engaging gameplay experiences
- Identify opportunities for the broader Aptos engineering strategy for Web3 gaming.
- Understanding, using, and helping to drive core frameworks and standards forward to better support gaming use cases
- Helping external game developers optimize their games for the Aptos blockchain
- Researching and evaluating new technologies, trends, and best practices in the blockchain gaming space
- Actively participating in code reviews, design discussions, technical decisions, and partnership/investment discussions
- Staying current with industry trends and advancements in blockchain technology, and identifying opportunities to do things only possible on Aptos
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in game development
- Strong experience in C++, C#, and other relevant programming languages
- Strong experience with both Unreal and/or Unity
- Experience with or interest in working with blockchain technology and smart contracts
- A solid understanding of game development best practices and experience with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Passion for games and blockchain technology, and a desire to push the boundaries of what is possible
- Experience in developing and integrating blockchain technology into games
- Experience with both Unreal and Unity
- Curiosity about emerging product practices and tools in the games industry